Sharing Mary Jordan's Thoughts

Sharing knowledge so you can be successful in life

Forums

Forum Home > Hiking in Hot, Dry or Cold Climates > Need to know if "I" could Survive in the "Wilderness".

Mary Jordan
Site Owner

How do "I" prepare to go "HIKING" ??? What do "I" need ???

March 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Jordan
Site Owner

Plan your route that you take. Give a family member or friend your destination point and arrival time. Tell Forest Ranger where you are going and route. Check area with weather station a few days ahead. Make sure you are "Healthy" enough to go hiking. Make sure your vehicle is in good working order (New Tires/Full Tank of Fuel). Carry with you.....EXTRA WATER, Map, Binoculars, Rope, Gloves, Sunscreen, Matches, Flashlight, First Aid KIt, Repair Kit, Energy Bars/FOOD, Extra Clothing, Emergency Shelter, Hiking Boots, Toilet Tissue, Cap, Sunglasses, Chapstick, Walking Cane, Compass. Before "HIKING" Exercise your body. Make sure you can hike 10 miles or more. No Littering!  Bring a jacket, nights may get very "COLD". It may be good to have a buddy with you on your "Hiking". Leave Wild Animals ALONE.! Leave a rock trail for knowing the path you "TRAVELED". Camera or Video for Capturing the Special Moment. ABOVE ALL.......... THINK WITH SAFETY! Your Family Want To See "YOU" Again !

March 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.